Friendship between men is important, not just in a faith community but in any community. We need each other to be more and do more than on our own.
The writer of Hebrews said: “Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works…”
The aim of our men’s group is to meet together for mutual encouragement in our lives and faith. We want to reflect Jesus’ approach of being divergent and inclusive so other men join us who in turn draw in more.
We have occasional breakfast meetings on Saturday mornings at the DQ Centre. We discuss real life stuff on living for God and hear from men in our group and the Bible.
We employ an integrated approach in our activities rather than adding to most men’s busy lives. Examples include:
- Men’s football most weeks on a Saturday morning
- Some meet monthly for breakfast and discussion on a book chapter on how to live for God in the worlds we inhabit.
- Participation in local community and sports activities like Park Fun Runs
- Barbecues, meals out, walks in Peak District, visits to pubs and sports events and concerts
- Some meet for breakfast in town before going to work
- A number meet in groups to pray for and support each other
We want to grow in Christ and reach other men. Why not join us? You are most welcome.