Friendship between men is important, not just in a faith community but in any community. We need each other to be more and do more than on our own.
The writer of Hebrews said: “Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works…”
The aim of our men’s group is to meet together for mutual encouragement in our lives and faith. We want to reflect Jesus’ approach of being divergent and inclusive so other men join us who in turn draw in more.
We have a breakfast meeting once per quarter at 8:00 on Saturday morning at Egerton Hall. We discuss real life stuff on living for God and hear from men in our group and the Bible. This is partly in small groups and we are finished by 10:00.
We employ an integrated approach in our activities rather than adding to most men’s busy lives. Examples include:
- Men’s football most weeks on a Saturday morning
- Daddy Ripples where dads bring their pre-school kids to a play group on a Saturday morning (partly to give mums a lie in!)
- Some meet monthly for breakfast and discussion on a book chapter on how to live for God in the worlds we inhabit
- For the last two years, some men have taken part in the Paris Marathon. (Phew!)
- Participation in local community and sports activities like Park Fun Runs
- Barbecues, meals out, walks in Peak District, visits to pubs and sports events and concerts
- Some meet for breakfast in town before going to work
- A number meet in threes to pray for and support each other
We want to grow in Christ and reach other men. Why not join us? You are most welcome.